crt monitrs

turismo 18:51 13 Oct 05

hi
looking 2 buy a crt flat 19" viewable,with unipitch,heard there are different kind of crt i.e flatron,trinitron,without the lines appearing, which would be best as i need it for gaming dvds and photo editing,

Mr Mistoffelees 19:04 13 Oct 05

Anything with a Sony Trinitron or Mitsubishi Diamondtron tube should do you very nicely.

metalgear 19:13 13 Oct 05

their very good except the draw 2 lines across the monitor,which i dont want are there any equally good but without the lines

Stuartli 19:21 13 Oct 05

The Trinitron or Mitsubishi Diamondtron (made under licence from Sony) are probably the best CRT tubes you can buy.

You'll find that eventually, if the lines are visible, that you will soon get use to them. Try variations of contrast and brightness to see if they become less visible.

Bit like living on a busy main road - eventually you don't notice the traffic.

wee eddie 19:26 13 Oct 05

After you have been using this type of monitor for a while, most people no longer notice the lines, or so I have been told.

Rather in the same way that most peoples hearing ignores background noise.

Accurate reproduction of colour and swift response times are the two primary qualities of such CRTs.

wee eddie 19:27 13 Oct 05

Pity my fingers aren't as fast as yours.

Total agreement

flyingbrit 20:25 13 Oct 05

I'm no expert on the subject but I've just had to scrap my 19" trinitron monitor(it seems as though my raster lines were showing badly!!and the colour was beginning to fade)however,during the 5 or so years I've had it,it's been hammered to death by my son for gaming and myself for photos and gaming.It's been a real workhorse(superb picture ,and no worries about response times).As for the banding lines common to all trinitron tubes you don't even notice them.(well I didn't anyway)But the thing you will notice with them is the weight!!I can vouch for that having just carried ours downstairs, about 65lbs!!!!!Don't know what this new acer lcd is like on photo's yet, but on games,even with all the stuff I've read about ghosting of lcd's on games unless they have miniscule response times, I don't have time to look for ghosting lol.

metalgear 20:41 13 Oct 05

thnx iwiil consider this
came across lg flatron lg claims they dont have any lines and viewsonic anyone can shed any light on these models,if their good like the other models

Mr Mistoffelees 21:01 13 Oct 05

I had a CTX with a Sony FD Trinitron tube. I really only noticed the two lines if I went looking for them, otherwise I was never aware of them.

metalgear 23:02 13 Oct 05

if anyone has the diamontron or sony trinitron
would it possible2 see images of them

woodchip 23:37 13 Oct 05

Just one thing to ask, who's thread is this?

turismo

OR

metalgear

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…