CRT Monitors

danann 21:27 13 Dec 03

Am going to a computer fair tomorrow to buy a new CRT monitor.....any ideas out there of what to look for/avoid......and is a 19in a good idea or am I better sticking to 17in....ta in advance

Starfox 21:37 13 Dec 03

After visiting fairs in my area and seeing some of the shoddy/secondhand/dodgy/bogus goods on offer all I can say is I hope you know what you are doing and good luck,you'll need it.

danann 22:13 13 Dec 03

I'm not going to buy unless I'm fairly sure all is ok.....would still like some opinions though

BeForU 22:22 13 Dec 03

just be sure you do not get the display screens for obvious reasons! and be sure theres good warranties on them as well!

Djohn 22:37 13 Dec 03

You will find that many reputable local dealers will sell from computer fairs. my local dealer does and uses this as a means of gaining new customers.

If you are buying a new monitor then the warranty will be with the manufacture anyway, so they will deal with any problems, usually with next day swap-out by courier.

Ask questions of the stallholders, genuine ones will not try to evade or waffle. They will be only too pleased to give contact details if anything should go wrong.

Go early, ask the seller if you can bring the monitor back to him that same day if there is a fault and also if he will replace it with another new one. A shop would do this for you, so they should as well.

Shop carefully and have fun, make sure you feel comfortable with the person you are dealing with, if not walk away and try another stall.

19" will be the best to go for, only slightly more cost-wise, yet a lot more screen area.

Many stallholders have a shop as well and also visit the same fairs week after week, they have a reputation to keep up just as much as anyone else, but remember that as in any trade or consumer sales there are people that want only your money and nothing else.

Enjoy the day, have fun, choose a well known brand and go home with a bargain. Post back to this thread and let us know how you get on.

clayton 23:00 13 Dec 03

Have a read here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…