CRT monitor linked to laptop

Severn Bore 16:56 11 Feb 03

I have lent a CRT monitro to afriend to use with her laptop. However, she gets three distinct images on the CRT screen. Presumably this is connected with the fact that the laptop graphics driver is designed for use with the LCD screen.
Can anyone please advise how to correctly set up the CRT monitor / laptop combo?
Thanks

jazzypop 17:31 11 Feb 03

It would be a lot easier to advise if we knew the make & model of the laptop (and the version of Wndows).

Severn Bore 17:51 11 Feb 03

Sorry jazzypop, I only have the make of CRT monitor. It is a Samsung 14" used with Win 98

jazzypop 18:13 11 Feb 03

What a shame. Different manufacturers have different ways of 'piping' the display to the built-in screen, external monitors / projectors etc.

Typically, it is necessary to cycle through the choices by pressing a Function key whilst holding another key (such as Shift or Ctrl) - that's as much as I can offer without even knowing who made the laptop.

The information is undoubtedly in the manual, and on the manufacturer's website.

Severn Bore 19:15 11 Feb 03

Thanks for your prompt help.

BlueMeanie 21:33 13 Feb 03

Hi
I've known this problem if the monitor can not cope with the screen settings offered by a "modern" laptop trying to use an "old" monitor. It may simply be that the two components can not talk to each other.
Solution - try a newer monitor.

Patr100 21:52 13 Feb 03

Right click on desktop - go to properties - display properties - the settings tab is usually the last one. See if any other changes to settings available improve it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…