CRT monitor availability

Muergo 04:35 07 Aug 10

Comparing several LCD, LED plasma screens show up as inferior in definition and colour to my existing CRT which is giving the "blip" warning that it might be on the way out, after seven years being permanently "ON" for most of that time.

Space is not a consideration, it is up in the corner of the room on a bracket, so the depth of the tube is no problem.

I cannot see new ones advertised anywhere, anybody any ideas or contacts for me?

sunnystaines 07:17 07 Aug 10

we still have a crt tv and it has an excellent picture.

Daiol 08:47 07 Aug 10
  Mr Mistoffelees 10:39 07 Aug 10
  Mr Mistoffelees 10:52 07 Aug 10

click here

(Just noticed the title again!)

Belatucadrus 12:30 07 Aug 10
  Muergo 12:35 07 Aug 10

I too stil have a crt TV but I think when I visited you, you didn't have a crt monitor.

Apart from space, CRT is streets ahead of most others except for the new ELED's which have yet to come down in price.

Monitor is totally different from TV , nobody watches a TV at such a close distance apart from the cat.

Thanks to all for links, but I had already searched e-Bay, alot of refurbished and secondhand but few new, apart from a Dell in Reading, still in its box, I will nip down and pick that up.

sunnystaines 13:18 07 Aug 10

for the pc with have a lcd flat screen.

but our TV is a sony CRT tv bought just before they did away with them, should be good for many years to come.

had a look at a 3d tv out of curiosity in a panasonic store a few days ago but the picture kept changing from double vision to 3d all the time, the salesman said thats just my eyes doing that.

so a big 42" all singing and dancing lcd tv is a long way off for me.

Muergo 12:10 08 Aug 10

I think 3D will have to come down a lot in price to get me to buy one, but a 2D Sony ELED note ELED, was tested by Which the other week and they said it was the best ever picture they had seen on any television.
The Sony and Panasonics are already ahead of the rest on colour quality, but to be better than that seems unreal.

Also noted was that plasma screens are on their way out, a couple of manufacturers have stopped making them, soon only for pub size cinema type applications.

sunnystaines 12:40 08 Aug 10

plasma's do not last, that is why they are almost history now except for old stock at reduced prices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…