Cross site patching cat6 patching issue

Hollis257 19:40 PM 03 Dec 12

We have recently converted our garage which i will be living in. It is slightly our of reach for wireless and due to the fact i use desktops i decided to run a cable.

I got a Cat6 cable and 2 RG45 face plates and have run the cable. I used a cable tester and found a problem with one of the pairs which i resolved. It is wired as a straight through cable.

I confirmed that the terminations were successful with the cable tester however once i connect these to my PC and the router I get no connectivity. I have no idea why this would work through the cable tester but no with actual devices.

The PC connects fine with a direct cable or with power line adapters. Can anyone shed any light on why i might be experiencing these issues?

Thanks in advance,

mgmcc 20:31 PM 03 Dec 12

If you happen to have a "crossover" network cable handy (which would normally be used when connecting two computers directly), try using that either between the router and one of the faceplates, or between the computer and a faceplate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11