Cross site patching cat6 patching issue

Hollis257 03 Dec 12

We have recently converted our garage which i will be living in. It is slightly our of reach for wireless and due to the fact i use desktops i decided to run a cable.

I got a Cat6 cable and 2 RG45 face plates and have run the cable. I used a cable tester and found a problem with one of the pairs which i resolved. It is wired as a straight through cable.

I confirmed that the terminations were successful with the cable tester however once i connect these to my PC and the router I get no connectivity. I have no idea why this would work through the cable tester but no with actual devices.

The PC connects fine with a direct cable or with power line adapters. Can anyone shed any light on why i might be experiencing these issues?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

mgmcc 03 Dec 12

If you happen to have a "crossover" network cable handy (which would normally be used when connecting two computers directly), try using that either between the router and one of the faceplates, or between the computer and a faceplate.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message