//some 3rd party need geo

Crl.verisign.com popup

welford 09:47 21 Jun 04

Like Cisco in Feb 2004 everytime I boot my XP machine it tries to dial the internet saying
"you or a program requested information form crl.verisign.com"

anyone know how the MaryAnn I can stop this - I have tried deleting all references to it in the registry and checked the start menu - so far - nbg

any help appreciated

Welford

Lozzy 09:58 21 Jun 04

Have a you a firewall installed? if yes then block that url. Block internet access

curlylad 10:12 21 Jun 04

This seems to be a bug when AV updates are downloaded to your PC , I believe NAV is one of the culprits.There is a way of stopping this but you will not know if a revocation certificate is up to date for a publisher/server.

Goto tools , Internet options , advanced , then scroll down to the security section and uncheck the boxes 'Check for publishers certificate revocation' and 'Check for servers certificate revocation'.

welford 14:03 21 Jun 04

Problem resolved - seems it was being caused by Sygate Firewall - disabling Network neighborhood in the options box has cured it. Many thanks for the help supplied by those who took thre trouble to respond

Ta very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…