Criticism Or Praise - Rate My Site Please

mark500 19:30 08 Feb 04

My Online shop, or so I hope. Please all you experts out there tell me how to improve or not as you see fit. TIA.
click here

jg1990 20:06 08 Feb 04

i suggest you get rid of the music, it gets very annoying and makes your site seem a bit tacky and you could do with a bit more information on the home page.

James 23:22 08 Feb 04

I got no further than the page loading. Then the music started. As soon as I get that on any site without a mute button I dont have to look for, I close the window.

Sorry, Whiz...

IClaudio 23:30 08 Feb 04

I don't hear any, am I lucky or have you already dropped it?

Apart from that, everything seems fine, except the e-mail link on the first page doesn't work.

Forum Editor 00:17 09 Feb 04

that music is destined to lose you sales - I couldn't stand more than a few seconds of it. Music on web sites is an absolute turn-off for lots of people (unless it's a music site), and you would do well to ditch it immediately.

Otherwise I felt the site was starved of content, and the images were of poor quality, considering the relatively high cost of the products. I certainly wouldn't commit to £200 of expenditure based on the images as they are at present. Perhaps a close-up detail of the head of a tiger might be helpful? I understood that a tiger is £200 but for the life of me I couldn't grasp why "6FT TIGER LEFT" should cost £750.

Incidentally, it's "Mould" not "Mold"

mark500 08:11 09 Feb 04

Thanks to all. Some good advice . I shall rid the site of music and try to get some better pics. This forum turned up trumps yet again.

PurplePenny 20:09 10 Feb 04

Couple of little things:

The drop down for 'horror' shows up with the 'trays' drop down, nothing appears when hovering over horror.

The tiger moves! Most disconcerting .. it only happens when hovering over the top nav, buttons.

A not so little thing: clicking on catalogue brought up the catalogue page, but with this at the top:

<% Option Explicit %> <% Dim FileName Dim FullFileName FileName = "MyWordDocument.doc" FullFileName = "click here" Response.ContentType = "application/x-unknown" Response.Addheader "Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" & chr(34) & FileName & chr(34) Response.Binarywrite GetBinaryFile(FullFileName) Function GetBinaryFile(ByVal FileSpec) Const adTypeBinary = 1 Dim objStream Set objStream = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Stream") objStream.Open() objStream.Type = adTypeBinary objStream.LoadFromFile (FileSpec) GetBinaryFile = objStream.Read() Set objStream = Nothing End Function %>

I really don't like the wording on your Help Guide page. I can't quite put my finger on it but if I had been considering a purchase it would have put me off. It reads (to me) as though anyone wanting to buy from you would be imposing on you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…