critical windows updates

charlton200 13:07 06 Sep 03

this week i updated from internet explorer 5.5 to internet explorer 6 service pack 1.

this went ok.

then i had 4 patches and updates to do in the critical windows updates.

3 of these went ok but 1 failed and that was,

823559 security update for microsoft windows.

i have try again to no avail.i have tried rebooting and then tried it but no good.

is this update that important and if it is how do i get over this problem.

as alway i am most gratefully for any help. cheers.

leo49 20:05 06 Sep 03

It is actually an important security update. Try downloading it[it's an .exe file] from the Windows catalog to a location of your choice on your HDD, then install it yourself by double-clicking it.

powerless 20:24 06 Sep 03
  Stuartli 21:33 06 Sep 03

Or use BigFix regularly (click here) - it works in exactly the same way as WindowsUpdate.

Evesham Computers use to install it on its new systems at one time because it saved them so many support calls and queries.

charlton200 09:45 07 Sep 03

thanks very much.

leo49. how do i go about downloading it in a .exe file?

i have been though that way but it only takes me back to the windows udate box, were it will not load from.

stuartli. i have got a evsham computer with big fix on but i have had nothing on it in ages.

if i try to reinstall it the first bar on the installbox goes across quickly as it could be on the computer but the second underneath bar just clicks and failes.

thanks for your time guys.

leo49 10:06 07 Sep 03

Go to the usual Windows Page but ignore the "Scan for Updates".

Instead click the link in the left margin to "Personalise Windows Update".

Put a tick in the box "Display the link to the Windows Update Catalog under See Also"

Then click this link you've added ,choose your OS and all available Updates will be displayed. Find the one you're missing, download and install.

charlton200 19:53 07 Sep 03

thanks i'll try it out.

Colinp 20:10 07 Sep 03

I have just downloaded it onto my computer as a saved file. Are you interested in me emailing it to you?

the lone cloner 20:37 07 Sep 03

you may find this a useful site go to click here your awnser may be there!

charlton200 13:10 08 Sep 03

thanks,but it is all about windos xp . iam on windows m.e.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…