Critical updates using windows xp home

ray27 16:19 09 May 03

Having had a bad expirience with updates I am reluctant to try it again. Can anyone tell me if the updates that xp informs me that it has found are the ones that my computer needs. Does it examine my pc and select the updates that it reckons it needs? Or do you have to select the ones you need and if so how do you know which ones are needed?When I go to the site via windows support it shows that I need a service pack yet I only got the thing in March.
currently the site informs me that there are 32 critical updates are all these that my pc should have?and is it ok to download them?Do you have to keep a note of them so that you dont download them twice? any advice would be gratefull
cheers Ray

Andsome 16:25 09 May 03

If you select to do so the update site will scan your computer and advise as to the CRITICAL UPDATES. I have installed evryone of these with no problems at all, and they show up in ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS. Other suggested updates are shown seperately, giving you the option to select any or none. They will not download twice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…