critical updates and service packs

blackmountainbabe 21:13 15 Dec 04

in windows update, would it be best to install all critical updates and service packs,ok, it says i can remove any i dont want, but i dont know what i want r do want lol..ty..

polish 21:30 15 Dec 04

critical updates are wurth having but not removing other none critical updates at your discretion

Buchan 35 21:30 15 Dec 04

BLACKMOUNTAINBABE, What OS do you have. If pre XP then do download critical updates. Most of them are patches to their security system. Also what antivirus or any security systems do you have?

Diodorus Siculus 21:32 15 Dec 04

IF using XP, create a restore point and then install all relevant critical updates.

If you need SP2, do it first, then reboot and then any relelvant critical updates.

Avoid drives updates from MS - best to get them from the manufacturers site if you need them.

VoG II 21:35 15 Dec 04

Get them all. If you subsequently have problems (unlikely) then take them off. Just make a note of the numbers. You can then see these in Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs if you tick Show Updates.

blackmountainbabe 21:42 15 Dec 04

hi guys, windows98 second edition and AVG anti virus, lol..ok im a spoonnnn..ummm what OS Mean,

VoG II 21:47 15 Dec 04

OS = Operating System = (in your case Windows 98).

blackmountainbabe 21:54 15 Dec 04

ahh right vog,where would we be without pc advisor and vog, rest off u guys lol..thanks..ill download critical updates now .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…