Critical Error Message

shazza65 20:52 17 May 04

I currently run Windows XP and tonight when I turned on the computer, I received an "Error Signature" which started my system had recovered from a serious error.

The error took the form of "BCCode : ea BCP : 8..." with a load of numbers. The message mentioned a Product: 256_1, along with BCP3 with numbers and BCP4 with numbers.

I am a bit nervous about putting all of the whole the message with all the numbers because I don't know if this gives away any of my computer details or just describes the error on my system.

Please can anyone let me know what I am dealing with?

stalion 20:56 17 May 04

run scan disk to see if it corrects the problem

shazza65 21:38 17 May 04

Have ran a virus check, no problems.

Not sure if this is related to my earlier problem put out on the forum 8/5/05 20:00 under "Problems with Norton (Symantec)"?

woodchip 21:42 17 May 04

If it seems OK now, give it time to see if it does it again. and No one is going to get any info that's not needed from a error window

stalion 21:44 17 May 04

have you loaded any new software recently?.Regards

shazza65 21:45 17 May 04

Thank you for the advice, but do you know what the error was??

shazza65 21:48 17 May 04

Messages crossed there while I was answering Woodchip.

The only new software I have put on the computer was Encarta Premium Suite 2004 yesterday. I had the 2003 version up until then.

As I mentioned previously, no sure if this has anything to do with my previous problem with Symantec?

stalion 21:51 17 May 04

many critical error reports are caused by software if your problem persists I would remove Encarta to see if it cures the problem.Regards

woodchip 21:54 17 May 04

Symantec can be problematic. Depends on the computer configuration before it's loaded Norton changes files and as done on early versions it can be a nusance as I use Norton 2000 utilities on my 98se comp but cannot us it on the XP one as it's not designed for XP. not sure about later versions

woodchip 21:56 17 May 04

If you have a full XP cd, not a restore disc, you can put the cd in comp stop it loading then go to Start\Run and type SFC /SCANNOW it will look for corrupt files

shazza65 21:58 17 May 04

If my Systemworks 2003 is causing a problem, can you suggest an alternative?

I have Norton Firewall, but could always swop this for the well mentioned Zone Alarm version.

I need an antivirus programme that would be compatible with this, but really want to keep Encarta because my kids use it for their homework a lot, instead of trawling through the NET.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…