C:\Restore\Temp\A******.Cpy files are they needed?

cjc42 21:49 20 Dec 04

Good Evening,

I'm running Windows ME, with 640mb ram and 40gb hard drive.
I have over a 1000 files named, A******.Cpy, where the * are digits.
Please, can anyone tell me what they are, whether they are needed, if not, can I delete them.

TIA.

Wishing all a Happy Christmas and Prosperous 2005.

CJC

VoG II 21:52 20 Dec 04

They are your System Restore files.

cjc42 22:27 20 Dec 04

VoG™

Thanks for the quick response, I'd guessed they were some thing like that. I have not been able to use System Restore for ages, either to go back or to create new restore points. I've followed the threads and tried the fixes suggested when others have asked questions regarding System Restore problems, all without success. I've given up on ever using System Restore again, so any thoughts on just deleting them?

CJC

VoG II 22:34 20 Dec 04

click here turn it off, restart and see what happens. SR is a bit iffy with ME.

TommyRed 22:48 20 Dec 04

I've got XP home and would have had to reformat a number of times if it wasn't for system restore. I'd post your specific problems with it on here and try and get it back up and running. HTH TR

cjc42 23:28 20 Dec 04

VoG™

Tried your suggestion, no joy, as I said earlier, I have tried the various fixes that have been suggested on this and various other forums over the years with no success. Still the same state, either "No Restore points exist" and "Unable to create Restore point, switch off and try again" messages. Thanks anyway.

cjc42 23:32 20 Dec 04

TommyRed

I appreciate what you are saying, but I've spent so much time trying to get System Restore working I've given up. I do back up my system frequently and all my data daily so I'm reasonably well covered. Touch wood, I've only had to resort to reformatting a disc once in eight years, admitted that's only three computers but I guess doing the housework and being careful and a bit of luck pays.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…