Credit Card / Debit Card Security

Molly_Don 15:28 07 Oct 08

Hi

I've recently registered for On-Line banking, are there any security details I need to be aware of when using On-Line banking?

I can't be certain but I'm sure I read in a computer magazine about using the on-screen keyboard rather than the keyboard when entering card details, is this correct?

Thanks for any help

LAP 15:46 07 Oct 08

Start/run type osk this will give you the on-screen keyboard.

I have used several online accounts for years and never had a problem.

The horrible people of this world are getting very clever at sending emails requesting your details these look very authentic just ingnore them, because your bank will never ask you for any details online.

Go for it

Ventad 17:25 07 Oct 08

I always use the OSK with all banking.

Pineman100 18:35 07 Oct 08

Your bank's website should be a secure one (have a look at the URL - it should start with https) which is your main protection.

But as has been mentioned above, keyloggers still present a bit of a risk, so the OSK is a good additional security measure.

As LAP says - don't ever, EVER respond to emails that ask you to click a link, to go to your bank's website and enter your security details. They are certain to be scams. A genuine bank will never ask you to do this.

If you're in any doubt about an email, contact your bank and ask them if it's genuine before you respond to it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:05 07 Oct 08

What protection are you running?

You need a Firewall
Antivirus
Antispyware

click here for lots of advice.

Molly_Don 19:38 07 Oct 08

OK thanks for the reassurance guys and advice, I’m running McAfee security suite, which I think gives me sufficient protection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…