Creative ZEN or IPOD ??? Your opinion.

Craigmave 17:23 15 Mar 04

Hi, what are your views on ZEN or IPOD, i need to make a decision, but need some experience to make this decision. All views welocme.

Many Thanks...

bremner 17:39 15 Mar 04

This is one of those questions where you are never going to get a definitive answer because those with Zens will extol its virues and those with iPods will do likewise.

Each machine has its pluses and minuses.

The Apple is more expensive - the Zen is heavier and not as pretty.

The opposion cry "the Apple has battery problems and they can not be replaced". The Apple fraternity say if you do have a problem the battery can be replaced and in any event the warranty is now two years.

IMHO you need to go and look at each - see what they do and which one grabs you.

ps
The iRiver is getting good reviews at the moment and the mini iPod is due any time.

Kate B 17:41 15 Mar 04

iPod every time... quite apart from its sheer gorgeousness, it also has some extremely useful accessories available: the card reader which means you can use it to store pictures when you fill up your digital camera's card; the battery pack which means you can run it off four AA batteries if you're miles from a power source; the voice recorder ... need I go on? A thing of beauty and a joy forever.

Kate B 17:43 15 Mar 04

PS, I wouldn't bother with a minipod unless size and candy colours are important. It's only another £50 to get a 15GB full-fat iPod rather than the £200 4GB minipod.

billyliv 18:58 15 Mar 04

Hi, I have the 20Gb ZEN. It's OK., but the navigating wheel is a bit of a pain, it is far too sensitive. Apart from that, the sound quality is good. Cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…