Creative Zen Hard Drive Fault?

Bungeeman 23:41 23 Jan 06

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help.
I have a "Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen" that has a Fujitsu MHT2060AT 60GB (laptop) hard drive in it. But it seems to have gone Tit's up and does not read the tracks correctly. Although the track info is displayed and it seems to be playing the track (ie track seconds run ok), instead of music I now hear Indecypherable Electronic Noise on a lot (But Not All?)tracks.(Confused)
The O/S is ok as all the menus work and I can find the tracks I want, it is just when it comes to playing them it goes pear shaped.

There is a Troubleshooting menu on the player that you can access that includes:-
1. Clean Up (Performs a scan disk on the HDD)

2. Format All (With obvious results)

3. Reload OS (updates the firmware downloaded from Creative Site)

4. Reboot (Reboots the Zen)

I have tried all these to no avail. And when I added all the tracks again some of the tracks that would not play before now do. And some of the tracks that would play now do not.(Confused)

I can buy and fit a new drive myself.
However before I do I thought that:-

(A) If someone had this problem before maybe they could help as there have to be some hard drive experts out there.

(B) Is it possible to repair the Hard Drive instead of Replacing it?

(C) If it is possible to repair do you think it would be economic to do so? (£60-£70 for a new drive).
These may be daft questions, but I just don't know as I have not had cause to find out before.

Thanks for you help.
Brum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…