Creative Zen Battery Life

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:21 31 Jul 05

Does anybody know the standard play time of the battery in a Creative Zen Micro MP3 player? Advertised as 12hrs I'm only getting 3hrs!
What is the best way of charging the battery the first time to get the maximum battery life?

exdragon 14:42 31 Jul 05

I had the same problem & had a lot of helpful emails from Creative after which my battery life went from the same as yours to over 12 hours. This is what they said:

Do please try updating the firmware for your player.
After which try doing the following.

Unplug the Zen Micro player from the power outlet, let it play continually until there is no charge left in the battery. If the Zen Micro shuts off, turn it back on and try to play a few more songs again as it may turn off when
it detects a low battery charge. Turn off the player, and plug it to a power source to recharge the battery. Estimated amount of time to fully condition and recharge the battery is about 4-5 hours.

After doing the above, please rip a cd - mp3 files at 128 kbps and transfer them on Zen.
Do a full charge for your player again and just play those files. Please do remember to disable the Sleep Timer and Idle Shutdown functions for the player.Set the playmode to "Shuffle Repeat"
Smart Volume is turned off.

It worked a treat for me! If you need to know anything else, post back and I'll ferret around in the rest of the emails

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:04 31 Jul 05

Thanks for the info

The machine actually belongs to my daughter, she has just taken it back to Tesco where she bought it from and they have exchanged it. Hence the question intial charging of the battery.

I've told her to put the thing on charge and leave for 4hrs (I may have to lock her in her room to keep her away from it until its ready).

I'll leave this thread open a cople of days untill she's tried it.

exdragon 20:03 31 Jul 05

No problem - prior to getting this information, I asked about battery life and was told that the battery ran down quicker when the player was switched off, compared to when it was being used....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…