//some 3rd party need geo

Creative web cam problem

Petulant 10:46 07 Mar 05

I have been trying to crack this problem for days and it's driving me mad.
I have XP Pro and am using a Creative Webcam Pro. It is lit up and is showing in the control panel under 'scanners & cameras' and passed the test camera button test.
But when i open the web cam launcher onto live video to test it there is a message 'Creative camera not detected. Plug in camera to continue'
Prior to this i tried uninstalling scanner software in case there was a conflict, uninstalling the web cam software thoroughly as advised in one of these threads, re-installing the software etc
Please help - i'm sure it is something really basic!
Thanks

Petulant 12:47 07 Mar 05

quick update - went to Creative site again and managed to download an update for the driver. Unfortunately the problem is still there.
When i go into the pccam launcher settings and press on the 'video capture' tab everything is greyed out.
Would appreciate any advice!!!!

anchor 15:09 07 Mar 05

Try sending an e-mail to Creative support:

click here

Petulant 09:05 08 Mar 05

Good idea Anchor - I've done that. I'll post the outcome in case anyone else is having the same problem.
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…