creative t5900 5.1 speakers ok with 7.1 card ?

loganly 15:58 01 Apr 07

are these any good ? and are they compatable with a 7.1 soundcard

Stuartli 16:01 01 Apr 07

Creative make excellent speaker systems, whilst you should easily be able to configure your sound card for 5.1 reproduction through its Properties.

loganly 16:04 01 Apr 07

thanks how do i find the make of sound card in my pc and find its properties do i go to device manager ?

loganly 17:14 01 Apr 07

are these good gaming speakers

Stuartli 17:52 01 Apr 07

I was assuming a sound card - it could just as easily be onboard sound.

If you go to:

click here

and download SIW (System Information for Windows) and run it from the Desktop icon after installation, you should then go down the list to PCI and click on it.

A list will appear. If you have onboard sound it will include Onboard AC97 Enhanced Audio Controller or words to that effect; if it's a sound card that will be listed.

Clicking on the onboard sound or sound card line will bring up an information panel.

In both cases you should/may have the means to call up an audio menu to configure the number of speakers being used (2.1, 4.1, 5.1 etc), graphics equaliser etc.

Otherwise go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices and go through the tabs to check and set the configuration required.

loganly 23:09 02 Apr 07

ive got vista and cant configure it to 5.1

loganly 00:05 03 Apr 07

cant get to configure my speakers to 5.1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced