Creative Soundblaster Audigy problems

johnOcookj88 22:26 27 Jan 03

Bought new soundcard a Soundblaster Audigy Value.
Sound only coming from one output on card. Have 5.1 speakers which card should support.Ran diagnostics which show mixer not functioning but when clicked on fix nothing happened.I disabled Creative CT helper in startup because this kept failing has this led to problems am currently downloading updated drivers. Any ideas? All connections checked and correct.

johnOcookj88 23:02 27 Jan 03

Help!

Spook Tooth 23:13 27 Jan 03

Uninstall anything (relevant) relating to Creative Audigy drivers/software.

Then install just the drivers, and go on from there by adding the major software components you need, testing as you go.

Had trouble with this myself - there's an updated CD you can order direct from Creative's UK/Europe website giving you revised drivers/software etc. The disk I have is marked P/N: 2201ML0000047/3201ML0000047 and is dated 15-Jul-02.

Unsure if there have been later revisions but know of particular problems with MS XP. If you don't get anywhere, post back with O/S details and speaker setup. Someone will take it further.

cdb 23:16 27 Jan 03

you might just be getting the stereo output from the one connection. what were you trying to play? Try a dvd with a known 5.1 soundtrack and recheck it. I vaguely remember only needing to make 3 connections for the 6 speakers, so one would power 2 speakers if my maths is right.

johnOcookj88 23:32 27 Jan 03

I am using XP but don't have speaker details (they are 5.1). Had problems with old Soundblaster 1024 card in the past nothing's straightforward with Creative (or me).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…