Creative sound card drivers

I-W 11:33 02 Mar 05

I'v just bought a Creative sb live 24 bit 7.1 OEM sound card. It didn't come with any drivers. I'v had a look on the creative website for the drivers with no joy. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the drivers please. Many thanks.

I-W 11:41 02 Mar 05

Thanks for the link. The drivers are there but the page cannot be displayed.

Jeffers22 11:53 02 Mar 05

There is a driver for a SB live 24bit on click here but it does not specifically mention 7.1

I-W 16:27 02 Mar 05

Thanks for the links, but they don't seem to help. I'v looked through them with no joy.

Satmansq 16:58 02 Mar 05

I think you will find that the creative cards use a universal driver which can be downloaded from here. click here(ENG).exe once downloaded the correct drivers are loaded. After that the creative site offers an auto update service. I dont know what has happened to their support site it used to be a lot easier to use.

Totally-braindead 17:21 02 Mar 05

Suggest you try this, click here= its Creative Labs auto update service, if you don't like that the manual download is here click here

hugh-265156 18:09 02 Mar 05

creative im led to believe do not support OEM cards so the drivers should be supplied by the OEM with the card.

I have read postings to this effect on the creative forum regarding problems installing creative retail drivers or using the creative auto update with an OEM card. Contact the store you purchased it from maybe.

Satmansq 18:39 02 Mar 05

Whilst I cant speak from a great deal of experience OEM hardware is generally no different from retail hardware but it is not packaged as attractively and it doesnt come with software which is your main problem.

Satmansq 18:54 02 Mar 05

Have a look here this is a desciption of OEM products written for a magazine click here

citadel 19:32 02 Mar 05

you should still get a driver cd, the software means games, etc, that come with creative retail boxes. I got a soundblaster from a local computer shop and the card came in a anti static bag plus a creative cd with drivers and the creative control panel etc.

Satmansq 19:44 02 Mar 05

citadel, that may have been your experience but oem hardware doesnt always have software included, drivers or any additional software. oem equipment is originally intended to be sold to computer manufacturers who buy a large amount of 1 item and do not require a corresponding number of cdroms as the drivers for all components will be included on a single disc provided with the PC when purchased.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…