creative sound card connection to creative modem

KeyholeKate 16:22 22 Aug 03

Does anyone know how to connect so that the PC can make telephone calls - currently I get no sound - either from the speakers or the pc speaker

smegs 17:48 22 Aug 03

Could U please expand a bit more. Op system, etc.

KeyholeKate 10:09 23 Aug 03

Have a Creative Modem Blaster V.92 PCI and a Creative Live Player 5.1. There seems to be no way to connect the two. The only connection available on the sound board is utilised by the CD
Tks

smegs 23:13 23 Aug 03

U still don't give us Ur Os. Make sure some1 hasn't muted Ur system.

smegs 23:16 23 Aug 03

R U telling us U have got different S/card & Modem? Or R they One?

KeyholeKate 10:50 24 Aug 03

Sri guys.
Op sys is Win93SE. No, no muting - I've tried all the usual things. There is a connection on the 'seperate' sound card (creative 5.1) but nowt on the modem - also creative. Can't get a thing from the creative site
Tks

smegs 15:12 24 Aug 03

I know it sounds silly, but have U plugged Ur speakers into the right Jack? I've just had a look at the Modem on the click here site. it says that U can make Voice calls. Try taking the Sound Card out & then trying it again. Sorry bare with me, I'm running Xp, If I remember, if U go to Start\programs\Accessories there is a telephone keypad there somewhere. If U dial a number from there, do U get a ringing tone? Have U got MSN messenger? do U speak 2 Ur friends through Microphone\Speaker? Try reinstalling Ur drivers.

KeyholeKate 22:04 24 Aug 03

Yup. Everything is working fine - except the modem to speakers. Recorder works, I'm now getting the tinniest of incomprehensible from the PC speaker - nowt on the sound system. Incidently, mike also works ok with the recorder. I'm pretty sure it requires a cable connection between the sound board and the modem but the modem has no facility for one

smegs 23:39 26 Aug 03

Has the Modem got speaker & Microphone plugs? I'm taking it has, as it's a voice modem. Have U taken the plugs out of Ur Sound card & tried them in the Modem? I' getting lost now, SORRY.

KeyholeKate 10:22 27 Aug 03

No. The only connection on the modem is that for the phone line. It (the modem) is a V92 modem blaster which has voice capability. I've been in touch with Creative but they havent responded

smegs 17:57 27 Aug 03

click here Hope this helps. It says that NO cable is needed. Good luck. Shaun

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…