creative sound card cable

citadel 16:27 08 Aug 04

I have a creative sound card that I am trying to fit. I have found the cable that connects the cd dive to the card has has a different connection from the one that is on my motherboard. There are three sockets on the card a small one marked cd-spdif, tad, and aux-in. Do creative cards need a special cable?.

Mikè 16:40 08 Aug 04

Try it without this cable, not usually needed on a modern system.

Smiler 16:56 08 Aug 04

No it should use the normal cd audio cable supplied with cd & dvd drives.

Mikè 16:59 08 Aug 04

My post is correct, no seperate audio cable needed.

citadel 17:09 08 Aug 04

the normal cable that comes with the cd drive has a flat socket with 4 pin holes. the socket on the card marked cd-spdif is small and square shaped.
my system is 3 years old.

safemode 17:15 08 Aug 04

you need an analogue audio cable if you want to be able to use the cd volume control in windows, annoying without

Stuartli 17:58 08 Aug 04

The audio cable from the CD drive to the sound card (at least on my SoundBlaster Live!) fits on the edge (longest side) where there are three input sockets including the Aux. They are marked in white lettering.

The SPDIF connection socket is closer to the middle amidst other components.

Try downloading the manual for your card from the Creative website if you don't have one - there are plenty of illustrations and it doesn't take long:

click here

obbit 18:13 08 Aug 04

I had this problem. I went to the local pc shop and had a sort through their cables till I got the right one.

Mikè 18:16 08 Aug 04

"you need an analogue audio cable if you want to be able to use the cd volume control in windows, annoying without"

I have three optical drives connected (no audio cables used) windows cd volume control works in all three. See my 16:59 post.

Smiler 18:28 08 Aug 04

haow does the sound get transfered to the computer without some form of cable then?

Mikè 18:38 08 Aug 04

Through the ribbon cable, mixed in with all the other data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac