Creative sound blaster

sparky47 10:17 06 Jan 03
  sparky47 10:17 06 Jan 03

Over the festive period I did an upgrade of security patches from MS and now on boot-up I receive the following dialog box
"The creative sound blaster audio pci 64d driver cannot load mimi waveset. Midi playback has been disabled" I am puzzled by this because the speakers work ie windows sounds, cd's and film clip sound tracks all play as normal.
I have tried uninstall/reinstall via my comp/sys prop/device man. but no difference.
My OS is Win98
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Sparky47

€dstow 10:46 06 Jan 03

I think "midi" means a music type keyboard. If you don't use one, I wouldn't worry too much.

€d

^wave^ 10:47 06 Jan 03

lookin control panel sytem sound and check settings

sparky47 11:23 06 Jan 03

Hello ^wave^
Checked ctrl pnl but everything seems ok. Anything in particular to look for?
I am using an MS Internet Pro keyboard.
spark47

Tog 11:32 06 Jan 03

Look in the start menu for the Creative configurator and you can select the waveset in there. If it still won't load then it has probably been deleted or corrupted. A new waveset can be download from Creative's website.

sparky47 12:29 06 Jan 03

Hello tog
Checked start menu. No such beastie as Creative cofigurator. Can anyone tell me what sort of files I am looking for eg xxx.ext? I have Win98 cd and they may be there.
sparky47

Tog 12:55 06 Jan 03

If you have the PCI installation CD it is all on there. If not, visit Creative's site and go to the download section, the configurator is there under drivers and the wavesets are there under other. I think the waveset file extension is ecw. click here

siarad 13:05 06 Jan 03

'Find' *.mid then click on one to see if it plays. The chances of needing midi playback are remote nowadays as Wave files have taken over now we have cheap RAM & powerful PC

BRYNIT 20:11 06 Jan 03

the creative configurator will be in your programs/sound blaster or creative folder if it is not it has not been loaded.

sparky47 10:38 07 Jan 03

Thanks for the advice guys, especially you Tog. I used your link and downloaded the latest drivers etc but problem not resolved. Now that I have the web site I will contact their tech support and see what they come up with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…