Creative SB Live Driver for WinXP Home ?

Giggle n' Bits 22:02 12 Jul 03

I am a bit confused for which driver/s or patch I need to download for my Sound Blaster PCI Live card for use with Win XP Home. The card also has the creative model No. CT4670

When going to the click here link I choose SB Live for WinXP and English ok all fine.

It then comes to click here

This lot confuses me no end. I have installed my original SB Live driver.

So, can someone tell/help me please which of these
Downloads I need ?
Is it the LiveDrvUni-Pack English 10/03/2003

Or Sound Blaster Live! - Driver Patch 08/03/2003

Sound Blaster Live! DriverPack 17/07/2002

I have read it all but a bit doubfull which is correct.

I will then want to get the application software for this card and most likly be stuck even more?

crx1600 22:10 12 Jul 03

forget installing from the CD, install the 25MB 'livedrvpack.exe' this should be all you need.

click here

Despicable Desperado 22:10 12 Jul 03

It's all very confusing. You need to downlaod the LiveDrvPack first and then the LiveDrvUni-Pack (this will not install if the first is not downlaoded). Do you really need the update - you could stick with the XP drivers.

clayton 22:14 12 Jul 03

try this click here(ENG).exe

Giggle n' Bits 22:22 12 Jul 03

application software but have tried the drivers from CD which are not for XP with poor results.

Will try above and post back in a few hours or tommorrow.

Thank you all !

Giggle n' Bits 22:24 12 Jul 03

clayton 00:01 13 Jul 03

yes sorry m8 you need the Sound Blaster Live! DriverPack as posted by Despicable Desperado i dont think you need any other files.

woodchip 00:08 13 Jul 03

You need both from your second link

Giggle n' Bits 22:51 13 Jul 03

Creative Recorder to work at all, it keeps saying no older version of Recorder was found.

Tried everything and now give in, changed my card to another none creative, may call creative tech this week.

Thanks all for sticking it out.

Mike 22:58 13 Jul 03

Your card will work fine with native xp drivers, mine does.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…