Creative PlayCenter Causing Crashes (and worse!)

laurie53 15:18 28 Dec 04

I haven't used Creative PlayCenter for a while, and I now find that it causes crashes. This is the first time I've used it since installing SP2, but I've had no other SP2 problems. (About 2 months).

I've tried downloading all the updates from the Creative website, and then got really serious trouble!

The system kept trying to load PlayCenter on startup, then crashed, restarted and just kept on in this loop.

I managed to interrupt it with a "Safe" start and tried a system restore only to find that all restore points had gone, including the precautionary one I always create before a download!

I then tried a repair - I actually have a original XP Home disc, but once again the sytem went into a loop, crashing when it came to "Installing Drivers" and then restarting Setup.

I have had to reformat and repartition and do a full clean installation.

PlayCenter still causes crashes if I try to run it.

Where do I go from here, apart from dumping PlayCenter?

Laurie

buscrew 17:57 28 Dec 04

I am using Playcentre v3.01.57 with SP2 no problems, Have you tried uninstalling all Creative Apps and utilities and doing a fresh install from the Creative installation disk

laurie53 20:36 29 Dec 04

Yep, and tried "last Good Config", and Device Mgr, and all the other good things!

Laurie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…