Creative Nomad 2 driver problem

O2 21:46 05 Mar 04

I wonder if anyone can advise. I'm having great difficulty in installing the driver for Nomad 2. From the installation disk an error appears AN ERROR OCCURED WHILE SETTING UP THE DRIVER. All other software seems OK. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Creative's latest downloaded drivers but get the same error. Creative technicians are trying to help but no luck yet. I'm using XP, 512 memory, 1.4GHz processor. I've tried disabling McAfee Virus Scan (but not uninstalling it). Many thanks.

hugh-265156 00:29 06 Mar 04

any errors reported under the system and application tabs in start/control panel/administrative tools/event viewer?

is windows all up to date? click here

did creative point you towards click here maybe

O2 18:32 06 Mar 04

Many thanks for the advice, huggyg71. In fact, I seemed to have solved the problem! A further search of the Web indicates that it is relatively common. The workaround is to install the drivers as far as the error message. Then to connect the player and use the New Hardware Wizard to navigate to \Program Files\Creative\Jukebox 3 drivers. The installation works from there.
Again, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…