//some 3rd party need geo

Creative Labs CDRW Blaster 12x10x32

david4637 14:07 06 Feb 03

I uninstalled the supplied NTI 2000 software (which had worked fine)to try EasyCD Creator burn software. However this software did not recognise the CDRW drive. I therefore uninstalled this software and reinstalled the NTI 2000 software. The NTI software now does not recognise the CDRW drive. I uninstalled it removed the drive from Device Manger and reinstalled it again - still CDRW drive unrecognised. Looked in BIOS its there. In the process I noticed that the CDRW drive was not E:\ as before, so I changed it in Device Manger to E:\.
Note - Audio CDs play OK.
Any suggestions gratefully received.
My PC - Gateway 450MHz, 64 RAM, 6GB HD, W98SE
Thanks David

Stuartli 14:20 06 Feb 03

Have you checked that your other drives' letters have not also been inadvertently changed?

david4637 14:33 06 Feb 03

The other drive letters are OK
Thanks David

platty100 18:10 06 Feb 03

hi
probraly not much help but i had the same
re writer and it worked okay with nero still does mate as got it so could try downloading a demo of nero Also could make sure all traces of easy cd are removed from your system

david4637 16:38 07 Feb 03

I would appreciate some advice as to how I should proceed, obviously short of reformatting the hard drive. Thanks David

platty100 17:44 07 Feb 03

hi you could try this might help you (not used it myself)----------------------------------------------
The problem could very likely be incorrect Registry entries caused
by software installations/uninstallations that went awry. Registry
First Aid can help fix these problems quickly and safely.

Download a free trial and check your system now!
click here

ams4127 20:34 07 Feb 03

I am using a slower model of the same drive and that wasn't recognised by Easy CD until I downloaded the patch to take it to version 5.1

No problems since then.

Poloman69 22:34 07 Feb 03

I would go for the nero burning software myself - check out the creative website for driver downloads if your pc still isn't recognising the CDRW

tulix 01:15 08 Feb 03

when installing easy cd you will also need to update it to recognise your drive i have used nothing else since good luck

david4637 16:38 08 Feb 03

I have decided to stick with the NTI software and try to get it up and running again. Therefore your help in deciding why the software (uninstalled then reinstalled) will not recognise the CDRW drive would be appreciated.
The CDRW drive plays audio CDs OK. Thanks David

david4637 16:39 08 Feb 03

I have decided to stick with the NTI software and try to get it up and running again. Therefore your help in deciding why the software (uninstalled then reinstalled) will not recognise the CDRW drive would be appreciated.
The CDRW drive plays audio CDs OK. Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…