Creative Inspire 4.1 speakers

Rebanut 09:43 05 Oct 03

Hi I wonder if anyone could help with the above speakers, I have them on an Evesham system and all connections seem ok but the front two dont work, when I do a speaker test it only the back two that have sound coming from them, can anyone help me with this problem.
many thanks.

bremner 10:47 05 Oct 03

This is likely to be a driver problem.

I have experienced the same problem, i've no idea why it happens but by reinstalling the driver it cures the problem.

Peverelli 11:46 05 Oct 03

What sound card are you using?

Rebanut 11:50 05 Oct 03

I am not very experienced with pc's but the documentation says its a Sound Blaster compatible 6 channel onboard if that helps.

Peverelli 12:36 05 Oct 03

I would follow bremner's advice first to see if that cures the problem. If you've got XP then right click on 'My Computer' - left click on Manage then Device Manager. Click on the + sign next to Sound, Video & Game controllers and then right click on your sound card. Choose 'Update Driver'

Rebanut 12:56 05 Oct 03

ta for your help but I am not sure which is the sound card as there is no sound blaster listed, there are ATI and Realtek AC/97 headings, is one of them the sound card.

Peverelli 14:35 05 Oct 03

The Realtek AC/97 is the onboard sound. Other people are having problems with it recently: click here

click here

and an older but resolved thread: click here

Searching through this site, it seems that this sound 'card' has a problem with XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…