creative driver update problem

the flying monkey 22:14 11 Jul 03

i've got an OEM version of creative SB LIVE 1024 sound card. every now and then windows tells me it has recovered from a serious error and prompts me to send an error report. i do that and microsoft tell me that i need to update my soundcard drivers. i am redirected to the creative website. this is where i have the problem, i'm not sure which update to download; 'live drv uni' or 'live drv'. i have not downloaded any previous drivers from creative. thanks for your help.

Despicable Desperado 22:46 11 Jul 03

You have to download the live drv first. The live drv uni is an update.

the flying monkey 09:12 12 Jul 03

I downloaded the driver from the creative website and saved it to my HDD. I opened it up and it did it's self extraction thing that it does and asked me a few questions about installation. As far as i knew it had installed correctly. After restarting I tried to open Creative Audio HQ but was told that it 'cannot initialise audio driver. Reinstall audio driver'. I installed the download again but the problem still occured. Do i have to uninstall the old drivers first? Does DELVDLL have anything to do with this? Please help.

david.h 09:22 12 Jul 03

have you disabled your firwall and antivirus before downloading the driver, I found my norton firwall and NAV interfered with the driver downloads from this site and had to disable both to get a result. also its worth using the creative labs online driver auto update system this will automatically check your software and update and install your drivers for you.

the flying monkey 09:33 12 Jul 03

i forgot to disable the Norton Antivirus autoprotect. Does that mean i've got to download it again? how do i get to the creative labs auto update, i can't find it on creative.com? thanks again.

the flying monkey 09:54 12 Jul 03

Please

david.h 21:06 12 Jul 03

click here

the above link will set you on course just follow the instructions. if you had norton active you need to start again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…