Creative Connection Frustration!!

warthog01 26 Mar 09

I’m trying to in vain connect my Creative Zen Touch to my PC (XP Pro). When I plug into USB, the USB connection doesn’t register—instead, the Zen turns on and starts playing music. I think this is the root of the problem, but I’ve tried all the suggested fixes (at least the ones I’ve picked up so far). The Zen is recognised in Device Manager—with an exclamation point (driver not loaded). According to the Zen menu, firmware version 2.11.01 is loaded. I’ve downloaded the firmware file from the ‘net to attempt an upgrade, but it won’t load (probably because it won’t soft connect). I’ve reset the unit numerous times but I’m just about out of ideas. Is there another driver I’m missing and if so, where can I access it? Other than that, has anyone out there had a similar experience?

Thanks

^wave^ 26 Mar 09

you are not the only one with probs most seem to be driver issues try this
click here
look at second page

Graphicool1 26 Mar 09

click here

Firmware
Creative Zen Touch PlaysForSure Firmware 2.11.01
Filesize : 2.46 MB

To install this firmware update:
1 - Download the ZenTouchP4S_PCFW_LB_2_11_01.exe file into your local hard disk.
2 - Connect your player to your computer.
3 - Double-click the firmware update file and follow the instructions on the screen.

While updating your player's firmware, you may be informed that an application is preventing the firmware update. Should this occur,
1 - Start Creative MediaSource.
2 - On the menu bar, click Tools -> Settings.
3 - Click the Detector tab.
4 - Click the Enable Detector checkbox to uncheck it.
5 - Restart your computer.
6 -Try updating the firmware again.

Graphicool1 26 Mar 09

These will...
click here

warthog01 27 Mar 09

Thanks, Graphicool

I've tried a dozen different fixes (from a dozen different forums) without success--I sent the support request email off this morning. Don't know how responsive Creative is to problems like this, but I'm completely out of ideas.

I tried the driver installation you suggested but got an error message telling me that "a service installation section in this INF is invalid." I don't really know what that means, but it didn't fix the problem.

Thanks for your help--fingers remain crossed!

Graphicool1 01 Apr 09

From your silence on this matter, do we take it the situation has been resolved?? Or hanging in the balance?

ambra4 01 Apr 09
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message