Creative 6700 and Audigy 2

Hedders83 18:40 05 Apr 05

I have the 6700 speaker system running with the Audigy 2 card, one the face of it they all appear to work fine with Media Player etc, but when I play DVD with surround sound I only get the background noises and speech very quiet also when I do a check with the software 2 of the speakers are muffled, I have tried all sorts including new drivers and moving the speakers in different ports of the sub woofer..anyone any ideas please.thanks

Praxis99 19:04 05 Apr 05

Have you tried the speaker calibration wizard?

Technotiger 19:07 05 Apr 05

Hi, this is very basic I know, but I too have the Audigy2, not with your speaker set-up, but with 5 speakers - I had similar results as you until I experimented and juggled with the three out-puts
from the card to see which was best. All is ok now. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers.

Hedders83 19:47 05 Apr 05

Thanks for that, however all the jack lins are colour coded..would it be OK to alter those? The calibration wizard said the speakers weren't wired in proerly however they come already wired up and sealed!

Technotiger 20:22 05 Apr 05

Hi, I have been away - yes it would be ok to swap mini-jacks in line-out sockets to see which way is best - that is what I did.

Cheers.

Praxis99 20:33 05 Apr 05

The Audigy2 has specific line out sockets for front, rear and sub (which includes it own proprietary arrangement for 6.1 and 7,1 Creative Speakers), your unlikely to help matters by trying to run your front speakers through the line out for the rear speakers since you will only hear sound meant for the rear speakers even if your speakers are set up in front of you!

It might however highlight if there is a problem with the speakers or the particular line out.

I had my card replaced last yr because of a problem with the rear line out socket.

I'd also suggest running the diagnostic programme that comes with the card.

Finally if the wizard is suggesting that your speakers are lined up out of phase which should not be possible with a hard wired connection it could be because you have selected the wrong tone the sound that sounds lower and deeper been the correct one, I'd try running it again to be sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac