Creative 5.1 surround speakers

MICKY BOY 11:35 25 Mar 06

Hi All ,
Have just bought a new LCD TV and the sound quality is not very good when watching DVD’s.
Would like to have additional surround 5.1 speakers. But have already got Creative 5.1 speakers for my computer in the lounge and as I do not wish to have a room full of speakers. Is there a way I can transmit from the DVD player to my Creative 5.1 speakers on the computer or does anybody know of a device that will accomplish this, thus saving space.

Regards
Mick

howard63 12:00 25 Mar 06

I would go to where you bought the tv and listen to others of the same model to see if yours is faulty.

Totally-braindead 12:42 25 Mar 06

I would do what what howard63 suggests in the first instance, if all the TVs are the same and its not faulty then you could add a radio controlled sound system, I'm sorry my description isn't correct its not what its called, I have seen them but honestly can't remember where but I'm sure someone else will advise. I'll post back if I can find one, the ones I did see were about £40 I think.

Hertz Van Rentyl 12:49 25 Mar 06

Has the televiion got a menu, only you may be able to adjust bass and treble levels.

MICKY BOY 12:54 25 Mar 06

Totally-braindead
Thats the type of thing I am looking for.
Any suggestions where I can buy such a device or start looking.
Regards

Mick

Totally-braindead 12:56 25 Mar 06

Nipped down the stairs and looked at my Argos book, they have TV and AV senders from £24.99 and one of them may do you, that was the things I was thinking of that I couldn't remember the name of, the only thing you would need to check is whether the connectors are compatible and then just use the audio part of the connector to connect up to the speakers. Or if the computer speakers and the TV are not miles apart you could just buy a length of wire and some connectors and do it that way.

MICKY BOY 12:57 25 Mar 06

Hertz Van Rentyl
Have tried all that, but I just want a better sound, without all the extra speakers around the room.

Regards
Mick

Totally-braindead 13:00 25 Mar 06

Just had a thought though, the cheaper items will probably just provide stereo sound at best you would have to look about for one that does 5.1 surround sound which would probably be more expensive and make sure you could connect them. Personally I would try the wiring method first as its cheaper and I could see if I thought it was any use before laying out a bit more cash. I mean you might find the speakers are in a totally useless location for when you watch TV for example.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced