Creative 5.1 Live Platinum

rickf 17:47 10 May 03

Anyone on the forum use the above? I am thinking of getting one from europe.creative.com at £50 incl vat +delivery. Its the one with the C box and remote. Any experience of this card appreciated.

-pops- 17:54 10 May 03

I have one on my old machine. Can't fault it at all. It does all it's supposed to.

Had problems with the drivers for XP but I got a new CD from Creative with XP drivers and all sorts of extras on for a silly amount - something like £2·50.

Go for it. I wasn't disappointed with mine.

Brian

rickf 18:01 10 May 03

Thanks Pops. Was it difficult to get the CD from Creative and how did you do it? Was by emailing them or just a matter of downloading the latest drivers? My OS is XP Pro.Thanks

rickf 18:10 10 May 03

reftresh! pops are you still there?

rickf 18:10 10 May 03

reftresh! pops are you still there?

-pops- 18:13 10 May 03

I think now you will get an XP CD with the kit. It was only because I had mine before XP was issued. There was an address on the website to obtain the disk.

You can download drivers from the net but there was a huge amount more on the disk, not really practical to download all of that.

One slight problem I did have with it (just remembered) it was a bit finicky where the PCI card sat. It didn't like being next to the graphics card but, moved it a couple of slots down and it was fine.

Brian

-pops- 18:24 10 May 03

Going now. Back in the morning!

Brian

rickf 18:30 10 May 03

Cheers and many thanks for your input.

ton 19:07 10 May 03

had Soundblaster 5.1 Live Platinum for about 8 months -- excellent sound and no problems. I use the remote control with Winamp and RM-X software.

PA28 19:17 10 May 03

Still have this card in my P4 2.4Ghz, having cascaded it from two previous machines. Current reviews say it's naff compared to the latest offerings, but then it was once the bees knees, is now cheap, and to be frank it still produces as good quality sound as it has ever done (through Yamaha speakers) and does all that I want it to do. Recommended 100%

rickf 19:35 10 May 03

Million thanks. This is such a helpful site.I'll close this now and go and order my card before it gets out of stock

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…