Creating a "WinXP embedded with SP2" Disk

mattyc_92 15:18 10 Jan 05

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows out there on how to create a Windows XP embedded with Service Pack 2 installation disk which is bootable

Any Ideas???

MrTBC 15:44 10 Jan 05

I don't - but just in case you didn't know these can now be purchased.

mattyc_92 15:47 10 Jan 05

MrTBC I know that you can buy it like this now, but that would cost me over £200!!!! and I have only recently (round 1 year ago) brought WInXP Pro Embedded with SP1!!!

pc moron 15:54 10 Jan 05

I followed the advice given by Powerless at click here

gobi 15:57 10 Jan 05

You mean slipstreaming? Done it once, not SP2, but chipset driver and WinXP. Could have a look at this guide click here. Couldn't write it better.

sputnick 16:00 10 Jan 05

I have a copy that someone copied for me from my XP cd and embedded with SP2.
Having used it and found that there is no way to un-install SP2 once this is done. I wonder why anyone would want to embed in the first place.
If everything works then fine but I found that not all software is yet compatible with SP2 due to its security abilities.

mattyc_92 16:51 10 Jan 05

pc moron I have tried what the link explains, but I can't download the program "AutoStreamer" The link they give is broken....

gobi... I am now printing off the website that you have posted!!!!

Thanks to all for all your help... I'll be back later to give you an update!!!

Bye...

toni b 17:02 10 Jan 05

Thanks

pc moron 17:02 10 Jan 05

You can get Autostreamer here click here

mattyc_92 17:24 10 Jan 05

Thanks to everyone!!!!

TomJerry 17:26 10 Jan 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…