Creating windows XP repair disc

Molly_Don 13:43 18 Oct 10

Hi

I have windows XP, but do not have any operating System CD or system Restore CD, how do I create an operating / repair CD in the event of any system crashes.

The Kestrel 13:50 18 Oct 10

If your PC did not come with a recovery CD, it usually means that there is a partition on your hard drive which contains the necessary files to recover from any crashes. On 'My Computer' you should be able to see any recovery partition.

Molly_Don 14:16 18 Oct 10

Thanks for the help, this is what's listed under "My Computer"

Molly_Don 14:16 18 Oct 10

[IMG]click here[/IMG]

Terry Brown 14:21 18 Oct 10

I suggest you get a backup program, here are a few (untested by me) that may help.

For a more reliable backup use a USB or another harddrive to connected to you macking.
click here

Terry

birdface 14:25 18 Oct 10

This one free for today but cannot find anyone that has used it before for any comments.

click here

onthelimit 14:44 18 Oct 10

Some more ideas click here

Molly_Don 14:45 18 Oct 10

Thx for all the help, my computer knowledge is very basic, can I just confirm if I download one of those programmes and my computer crashes / breaks, do I simply install the CD with a programme above to repair / fix it?

woodchip 15:17 18 Oct 10

Best way is while system is working as it should, Create a Image with Acronis True Image save to a external drive so it can be restored if you have any problems with the drive including virus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac