Creating a Website with Frontpage

madalex 19:04 14 May 05

After a great deal of effort (I'm a grey amateur), I completed a revision of our Historical Soc. website using Frontpage. I got it up an runnung, only to find that one or two hyperlinks need revision. To my horror, now every time I try to run and edit the saved version, I get a flickering screen, and a frozen computer. What has gone wrong, and is it curable?

octal 20:41 14 May 05

I'm not too sure what the problem is, but it looks like no one else has either, so I'll have a go at a couple of ideas. Are you able to open the saved web page in whichever browser you use? If you can, it might be something to do with your copy of Front Page, can you try a repair to it? If it won't repair, try reinstalling it.

If you still get no joy, try taking a copy of the page off the web site and see it will let you edit it.

One last thought, is there anything one the web site that requires a connection to the Internet while your are editing it? Like external images or advertising links, it might be a problem with your firewall blocking access, try switching it off temporarily.

lastly, if you are still having a problem, are you willing to try another web page editor? I use Mozilla composer, it comes with the Mozilla suit which includes the Mozilla browser and email client, but these can be ignored if you just want to use the editor:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…