Creating watermarks in Word

ray27 08:54 05 Jun 04

I am trying to create a watermark using word but when I select Format/Background the option Printed Watermark is greyed out .

How can I activate it?

I have tried word help but it does not explain how to do this.

It was active when I first tried it but I clicked on one of the small colour boxes , didn’t like it and now I cant get it to activate .

I have tried closing down and restarting but it,s always greyed out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks Ray

AubreyS 09:03 05 Jun 04

Try this... click here

Pearly Gates |X|X| 11:02 05 Jun 04

Hello - Some printers have a watermark option in their software. Obviously this may not be quite as good as you require, but for a one off may suffice.(if you have it)

Peter 11:11 05 Jun 04

See click here

You could also try the method that works in Word 97. Insert your graphic in the header and resize it to fit the whole page if necessary. You may need to set the "Wrapping" of the graphic to None at to "Send Behind Text".

Repost if you need more guidance.

Peter.

Peter 11:13 05 Jun 04

Further to my previous post you can also alter the transparency of the graphic to make it appear more like a watermark.

Peter.

Pearly Gates |X|X| 11:22 05 Jun 04

Hello again, If you insert your picture in a header as Peter has said, resize and then make sure the "picture toolbar" is activated when you right click on the picture you should be able to get the watermark setting displayed with editing options

ray27 08:16 06 Jun 04

many thanks to every one I have managed tp create one using all the sugestions you have given me many thanks once again
ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…