Creating a slide show with Nero 6

kokelly60 14:34 02 Sep 04

Hi All,
If someone can help me out I would really appreciate it. I have a DVD writer in my computer and have purchased Nero 6. I have approx 300 photo's on my computer and I want to make a slide show on a DVD that I can give to family and friends. I can put the photo's on and put on the background music using Nero Express2, but their are two things I cannot seem to be able to do. One is put some sort of titles before groups of photos i.e. Trip to London with 20 or so photo's , then show a title for the next group i.e. trip to Scotland and so on. I see you can create chapters which is what I might need, but that only seems to apply to video and not a slide show. Perhaps I'm making it hard for myself or doing it the wrong way, but I have no doubt that seasoned Nero users know the right way to do it.

The other question is, is their and way of timing the photo displays to tie in with the music other than using a watch to time the lenght of a piece of music and change the lenght you want a photo displayed? This would be slow and perhaps the only way to do it realistically!

Thanks for all your help!

cga 16:24 02 Sep 04

I don't know with Nero but there is other software (e.g. ULEAD visual studio 8) that can do exactly what you are looking for.

You can get a 30 day free trial click here

oseven 17:01 02 Sep 04

I agree with CGA .Ulead is the best.Keep away from Pinnacle which seems to crash too often.

You can also put your pictures into chapters (groups) with Sonic MyDVD and there is also the option to backup the actual jpeg files to a folder on the DVD also.

david4637 17:29 02 Sep 04

Nero 6 will do ALL you want to do, without buying additional S/W. David

kokelly60 17:35 02 Sep 04

Thanks for all the responses so far! Very much appreciated!
David4637, can you point me in the right direction as to how to do it with Nero please? I spent 2 hours last night and couldn't figure it out.
Thanks a mil!

jack 20:09 02 Sep 04

I think you do need other software than Nero to sequence /add titles/music tracks
As already mentioned all the popular Phoot Edit programs do it.
However if you do not have any of these here is a FREEdownload that gives a basic version and if you like it a small fee will give you the Pro version click here

kokelly60 14:18 10 Sep 04

Hi again,
Having tried Nero 6, Unlead, and another one I still have difficulty doing what I want to do! Each one will do some but not all of the things.
Is it the case that If I want to put on a slide show and then contimue into video footage that I will really have to write them on seperatley to the DVD using something else as none of the packages seem to be able to put together a slide show interspersed with video footage. If anyone has done what I want to do with Nero I would really appreciate their help!

Thank you,

kokelly60 14:18 10 Sep 04

Hi again,
Having tried Nero 6, Unlead, and another one I still have difficulty doing what I want to do! Each one will do some but not all of the things.
Is it the case that If I want to put on a slide show and then contimue into video footage that I will really have to write them on seperatley to the DVD using something else as none of the packages seem to be able to put together a slide show interspersed with video footage. If anyone has done what I want to do with Nero I would really appreciate their help!

Thank you,

Annew 20:24 10 Sep 04

MAGIX Movies on CD & DVD allows you to mix video footage with photos and add your own commentary and music.

Annew 21:01 10 Sep 04

I forgot to say you can also add text

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…