Creating a Shortcut to "Quota"

mattyc_92 18:07 15 Mar 05

Hi, I have used the Quota option in WinXP since I found out that it exists (around 2 years ago), but it is starting to get annoying to change the Quota Options...

I want to know if it is posiable to create a shortcut to this feature on the destop... How is this possiable???

As normal, thanks in advance

PS. Running WinXP Pro with SP2

JaßîsFaß ˜ 18:45 15 Mar 05

Are you not able to create the desktop icon by locating the file and then Right Click > Send To > Desktop(create shortcut) ?

mattyc_92 18:47 15 Mar 05

Thanks for the reply...

The feature is a "Tab" button from the "Properties" menu from the My Computer Right-Click menu, so I don't know where the file is located on the system...

JaßîsFaß ˜ 19:04 15 Mar 05

Aah, not familiar with Quota myself, what is it?

mattyc_92 19:07 15 Mar 05

It allows you to limit space that users are allowed to use... e.g. My Guest account (made myself so I can add a password to it) is limited to 50megs and the drive space (according to the system when logged on as this user) only has 50megs...

This helps me save my hard-drive space and try to stop users of the system from downloading so many files....

JaßîsFaß ˜ 19:32 15 Mar 05

OK, found more about it by googling but not been able to find a file location etc. I don't have this on my PC. Do you by any chance get another application or process in the task manager when you have the Quoata settings open? Perhaps you can locate it from this info if there is one?

mattyc_92 19:35 15 Mar 05

No... It is part of Windows XP.... so I don't really know (i have looked, but nothing stands out)....

If you want to find this feature, then right-click the My Computer Icon, select Properties and look out for the tab labelled "Quota".... and obviously, you have to be an administrator to "see" this tab (for security reasons)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…