Creating RSS Feed From Access Database

Mr A! 13:02 07 Oct 05

I have an access 2000 database which contains news items with the fields TITLE, LINK, DESCRIPTION and DATE.

Can anybody help me with creating an rss feed from the database which will also update itself when the database is changed.

Thanks in advanced
Aden

Forum Editor 23:36 07 Oct 05

using a MySQL database, but I've never tried doing the same thing with Access - it's far from ideal for website use, as I'm sure you're aware.

Taran 22:20 09 Oct 05

You can use ASP to hook the information out of your Access database but I warn you with even nominal traffic the load can be quite heavy and Access wasn't designed for that in an online environemnt.

However...

click here

That link should give you an idea of how to tackle things and it will also save me pages of typing.

I confess I've never done this myself using Access. I've used a lot of MySQL and MSSQL using PHP and ASP.NET respectively for RSS feeds, but I'm shuddering at the thought of accessing Access in this way.

click here for a lot of useful third party links.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…