Creating a PDF form

wiz33 15:15 19 Sep 05

Can anybody help me with advise how I can create PDF forms with text fields which can be completed either locally on your PC and printed or on the website.

I have a form of around 15 pages which frequently I need to complete by hand and I thought would be better if I can complete it on screen and then print sign and post.

Thank you

chesterfield 16:36 20 Sep 05

Make it as a Word document for easy editing and then just convert it to a pdf each time. Youve got the pdf writer i presume?

Taran 03:04 21 Sep 05

Forms can be made on a website if you like, and you can also print them off but you need to know how to print from web pages to get the best out of this method.

I'd agree in principle with chesterfield's comments, up to a point. Instead of creating a PDF just make the Word document and when you complete all form fields hit print.

PDF is a document standard that allows layouts to be viewed by everyone how you intend them to appear (more or less). It is a pointless exercise to create a form in Word, type in all the information you need the form to hold, then convert it to PDF for printing.

If you want to do this the web way you can use any mainstream web authoring software package to create your form pages and add a JavaScript print button on the page(s) but I think this is more work than enough and less than ideal.

If you must convert the form to PDF then run a search in Google for:

PDF creator freeware

This will give you some freeware programs that allow you to convert Word documents and other file formats into PDF files, but this step is not necessary to enable a clean print of the completed form.

wiz33 10:58 21 Sep 05

Thank you both for your advise.

Lots of work I see but I will have a go and I may succeed to make life easier, so I can complete forms on Screen.

Taran special thanks to you, as you always gave me a good advise for my websites....

Have a look now that my latest site is fully operational. click here

I did not followed only one of your suggestions to make the site the same style in every destination, because of the amount of work involved to convert from Frames.

Thank you anyway. Always extremely helpfull.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…