creating panoramic photos

bigduvat 17:08 27 Oct 10

can I create a panoramic photo using photoshop 7 from 6 or seven separate photos.?

john bunyan 17:20 27 Oct 10

I cant exactly remember details of PS 7. but I would create a blank canvass of the size you want, then open all the photos. Then in turn, go to each, then Select, all, edit , copy. Then go to the blank canvas and "edit", Paste" - thus creating a layer. Then do the same with each. Then using the move tool line up the layers and fiddle with the opacity etc . Finally you could flatten the image.

Proclaimer 18:19 27 Oct 10

or use this for free click here
'PanoramaPlus SE is the amazing program that automatically stitches your photos together into incredible-looking panoramic images – for free!
'

mooly 19:02 27 Oct 10

I have been trying Microsofts free ICE (Image composite editor) and have been impressed.
click here

anchor 17:07 09 Nov 10

I have not used Photoshop for this purpose, or Panorama Plus, BUT I can certainly recommend the free MS ICE suggested by mooly.

I have used it extensively, and its easy to use & very good.

Here is an example I just made made with 7 images:

click here

(ps: It is Agia Galini in Crete)

lotvic 22:44 09 Nov 10

free MS ICE, I think I'll get that, thanks mooly.
anchor that's a beaut pic you've done.

anchor 08:48 10 Nov 10

Glad you liked the picture. Please remember a couple of rules when taking pictures for panoramas:

1: Allow about a 25% overlap for each shot.

2: Keep the camera as level as possible when taking every shot.

I generally find that a horizontal format works better than vertical.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…