Creating an online shop

soupz 14:20 22 May 07

Hello.

I interested in starting an online business selling hand made items online and would like to ask for some help.

I have had some website design experience when i was at school I think I used dreamweaver 4!

What are the steps I need to take?

Do I need to buy software? are there any licences I need? Like registering as a Ltd company?

any help would be great!

lordtopcat 11:36 03 Jul 07

I am not sure of the procedures in the UK. But I am sure they are similar to New Zealand.

You would need to contact your bank and set up a Merchant Number.
Purchase a Domain name and a Webhost that allows php scripts and Mysql databases.
Download the free shopping cart click here
Configure the different settings
Start uploading product!
Make Money

You can eMail me for more information, if you wish.

Thanks
Website Tips by LordTopCat!
Email Me! [email protected]

choirgirlcrashin 07:12 05 Jul 07

There are a multitude of different options for you. I have just edited and configured an online store for a friend's computer shop and i used Zencart which is open source software like cubecart. - click here

One of the cheapest options for setting up a shop is if you already have access to a switch/eftpos/ credit card machine. You can ask your credit card merchant to allow you to enter card details without sighting the card. Therefore you won't be hit with extra charges for the software that transfers the money into your bank account. Whilst more labour intensive, for new shops it does get around the fees for merchant processing from your bank. However you must buy and install a trusted secure server license and configure it with the cart you choose to use.

you will need to edit some of the raw files for zencart - but you can edit them in notepad if dreamweaver 4 does not support php ( I have D/W 8 and am unfamiliar with D/W 4) .

Zencart runs a fairly friendly and very helpful forum. It's worth looking at both options. I wish you luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…