Creating a non-persistent cookie

MS35 19:46 25 Aug 07

Hi, I'm new to web design having used MS Access and VB code at a fairly basic level for a few years.

I've got a series of web pages and on three of them have created forms with a handful of input boxes on each, names, addresses, date of birth etc. I want to use this information within the browser session and populate boxes on other pages with the information.

I've been told that I may need to create a non-persistent (temporary) cookie as I'm happy for the input information to be lost when the browser closes. Then on the pages that I'm looking to show the information call it back from the cookie. is this right?

I'm hoping that this can all be done "Client Side" without the need for server hosting etc.

I'm using Dreamweaver 8 - can anyone provide me with a simple explanation of how this can be done - I have googled and used the dreamweaver help but all seems to be very technical.

Thanks

Forum Editor 01:30 27 Aug 07

are stored in RAM on the client and are destroyed when the browser session is closed or the cookie is explicitly killed by a log-off script, so the answer to that part of your question is easy.

The non persistent cookie will commonly prompt visitors for information, and then hold and load it on each page that is opened in the browser.

click here for some code.

MS35 22:12 07 Sep 07

First time I looked here I couldn't see it - now it's there. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…