Creating New User Profile in XP Pro

warthog01 10:34 25 Nov 06

I understand that creating a new user account can have significant effect on a system that's been slowing down for some time. I use AdAware/SpyBot & AVG so I don't think gremlins are causing my system to creep along. I'm trying to create a new user account per MS directions (copy all folders from current account except NTUser.dat, Ntuser.dat.log, and Ntuser.ini), but I've got two problems when I attempt to paste:

I don't have space on the hard drive for a complete profile paste and as I'm copying files, I get an error message that says I can't replce "phishing" as it is being used. When I OK this or close the window, of course, the copying process ceases.

Can anyone straighten me out?

Thanks

johnnyrocker 10:46 25 Nov 06

not too up on this but the word 'phishing' smacks of something needing investigating as the poss slow down of machine, will get a boost up anyway.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…