Creating a new email account

Gaz. 09:59 04 Mar 03

I have created a new email accoun, in addition to the one I already have with Freeserve.
However, there is a problem!
When i attempt to send an email from this new account in Outlook, i recieve the error message:

An unknown error has occured. Subject: "Test", Account: "new", serve:
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 rejected: cannot rount to sender [email protected]>'
Port:25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

I have checked that the POP3 and SMTP locations are the same as the account which does already work and I do not understand why there should be a problem.

Thanks for any response.

monkeyc 10:43 04 Mar 03

if you already have an existing freeserve account then you should have 'X' number of available email aliases. All these should automatically come 'back' to the original account. HOWEVER, if you have more than one email account, i.e. with more than one isp then sending will only be available on the account to which you've opened outlook, regardless of what is on screen. There should be a drop down menu on the 'from' box. Ensure that, for example if you use 'Company A' to open internet access, then Company A'( or your email add for this Company A) is showing. You can open My Computer and select the isp and connect there and then go back to outlook - it'll work that way. A bit round the houses but it should be ok!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…