Creating Music CDs

hawthorn59 13:59 17 May 04

Hello All!

On my new pc I am about to burn on a few favourite cds and make a compilation of favourite tracks. I have done this in the past with previous pcs without a major problem. However, before I start I am wondering which is the best program to use.

I have of course Media Player, and recently downloaded Real Player Free. I think I have Sonic on a disk somewhere. I also in the past used MusicMatch and indeed have the installaation file, and had paid my subscription.

So There! I have found Media Player ok, but it doesnt do cd covers. Musicmatch did covers, but I do remember some complication finding music cds I had burned on. I think there were 2 copies of everything (or at least 2 listings of everything), 1 in Media Player/My music. And I think when creating playlists or trying to find miles it was confusing, I think I had to go to Media Player to find files burned on, and drag them into MusicMatch or something like that. Sorry for the vagueness, but it was a while ago!!

I suppose I just want to hear what any of you use and find good, and how you handle cd covers!

Many thanks!

KC

Stuartli 17:51 17 May 04

Nero offers a simple and straightforward method of doing this task - just read the Help files...:-)

Or go to click here and look down the list of articles on anything and everything to do with CD-R and CD-RW media and equipment.

Stuartli 17:53 17 May 04

Make sure you Add each track if you use Nero rather than just drag and drop - otherwise, as a CD is read from the inside out, your compilation will be played in reverse order.

In addition, Nero has a Cover Designer utility, along with several others that are very useful.

canard 18:07 17 May 04

Ditto easy CD creator but nicer to use. Also those little packs for disc labels and liners have a nice disc liner proggy.

Kenneth-266656 20:17 17 May 04

I've just finished burning around 200 tracks using Nero - no problems it's a great application and very simple to use.

TommyRed 21:13 17 May 04

Depending upon what you need, you can get a legal cut down version of Nero 6 click here you may have to scroll down to get it. Suite 1 has the burning software and the cover designer along with other features only £6.39 delivered to UK mainland. I bought one and today received another for a family members computer. Ordered 12th May received 17th May plus this was over a weekend. Best bit of kit I've ever had for less than a tenner. HTH TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…