Creating mp3 compilation with Nero 6

corc2 15:56 20 Jun 06

Hi - I have been creating an mp3 disc using Nero 6. I have 60+ mp3's I want to put on disc and as I can't find a feature in either Nero express or Burning Rom which will automatically list the tracks in a random play order, I sorted the tracks by title. However, when I played the result, Nero has burnt the tracks as they are listed ie 01 Track One(disc A);01 Track One (disc B); 02 Track Two(disc A) etc. Any ideas how to create a disc in the order I want it in and if it means an m3u playlist, please give me a link to an easy guide. Many thanks

Confab 16:06 20 Jun 06

from click here

11. Why does the order of MP3 tracks change when I compile an MP3 CD? It always ends up in alphabetical order, and I am unable to change it.

Firstly, there is a big difference between an Audio CD and a MP3 CD.
If you burn an Audio CD, all MP3s will be converted into CDA so regular CD players will be able to read it. (This is specified through the Red Book.)

An MP3 CD is really just a Data CD since you are using the CD-ROM (ISO) standard. Every CD-ROM (ISO) has to be written within the specification of the Yellow Book for this format. Otherwise it would not be readable on any system or by any MP3 player. This specification forces all tracks to be in alphabetical order.

But there is an easy solution. Set prefixes in front of the filenames which consist of numbers.
For Example:
001_name.mp3
002_name.mp3
003_name.mp3

This way you can burn the MP3 audio files in the order you wish to play

Confab

corc2 16:42 20 Jun 06

Many Thanks for the reply. Very helpful link though it still makes me wonder why it has to be such a long drawn out process. I don't think I will be renaming 60+ mp's though let alone the thousands of other ones..........

Shortstop 17:17 20 Jun 06

Why not just burn them anyhow & allow the player to randomise the order that the tracks are played?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…