creating message rules in OE6

Llwydyn 10:15 23 Mar 03

I have also been having problems which are similar to huggyg71. I made the mistake a few weeks ago of attempting to unsubscribe to a very obscene email message I received - this action merely confirmed to the sender that my email address was 'real'? I have since tried creating rules where the subject line contains specific offensive words - this obviously only works to a certain degree. The 'from' and 'to' addresses are always the same on any one occassion (and are always very similar to my own address), although they are always slightly different from week to week. Although I am using btopenworld's facility to monitor my emails, they still get through. Does anyone know if it is possible to configure OE6 to receive only specific/correctly spelt addresses - and how? (the best solution would be to change my email address, but unfortunately, the address in question is my default address - and it is only possible to change secondary addresses).

Andsome 11:07 23 Mar 03

Install Spam Pal from the last PCA CD

Llwydyn 13:39 23 Mar 03

Thanks for the suggestion Andsome - I shall look into it and will not be able to assess if it works until next weekend when these emails are sent (I am also aware from reading replies to other threads that Mailwasher is another option?). Having said that - does anyone know if/how to configure OE6 to accept only 'correct' email addresses?

tbh72 13:43 23 Mar 03

View the message source, and look for the email address of the sender, a majority of the spammers use the same companies, eg Add this section to the rule you create it will then block all message from

to block message individually is a waste of time, because they use a different name every time.

Andsome 16:14 23 Mar 03

I eventually gave up configuring OE with message rules. The incoming addresses keep changing. With Spam Pal you can set it up NOT to delete, but to post messages which are suspect into a SPAM folder. When you look at this folder, if all the messages are indeed spam, you can select Contol/A/Delete, and the whole lot go at once. Should an-e=mail from a scource which you want be put into the spam folder, you can still read it, and then WHITELIST the sender. Should at first the odd e-mail get through to your inbox, you can BLACKLIST the sender. I found the program to be about 95% efficient in the first few days, but now it is virtually 100% efficient.

hugh-265156 16:30 23 Mar 03

im gona check it out!got another four messeges today GRRrrrr!if i can find my PCA coverdisc LOL!

hugh-265156 17:21 23 Mar 03

well thats me all set up.just a question though.i have avg set to scan my incoming mail will this still work Andsome? all i can find in the info is about norton.

Llwydyn 18:47 23 Mar 03

As I mentioned earlier, the complete email address of the sender is always identical to my own - other than one character is always different. Both 'to' and 'from' addresses are always identical. Sometimes, the emails seem to be coming from myself! This is the only sourced email I am having trouble with - all other unwanted emails/spam are dealt with by btopenworld. My worry with this source is that one day one of my children may open them unknowingly - I dread to think what harm these pictures may do to them.

hugh-265156 00:01 24 Mar 03

i just get the normal limited time only! type stuff.i dont know why this would be addressed from something on this somewhere but cant remember why it happens.bump!

Andsome 08:07 24 Mar 03

If you right click on the pink umbrella icon there is a good help page available. Luckily for me Norton have already cooperated with Spam pal and no extra configeration is needed. Help is available if you have any doubts from their helpline on the website. click here

Llwydyn 20:03 25 Mar 03

Thanks all for the advice. I would still like to find out if it is possible to configure OE6 to receive only correctly addressed emails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…