Creating League Tables for a website

nodron 17:45 21 Oct 04

can any of you guys help? i'm currently designing a website for network gaming clan and want to insert a league table, currently i'm pasting tables from excel but these means i have to replace each table when i update it. can i get a table that i can save in my web design using frontpage that can update details when inserting new details (eg in excel u can set formulas for your table and when u put in the necessary data it recalculates the table). also i'm after a table that looks professional for the website

Forum Editor 10:17 24 Oct 04

Are you familiar with PHP and MySQL?

This technology is used for doing the type of thing that I think you have in mind, and it can certainly produce professional-looking results. Does your server space come with a MySQL database?

nodron 14:51 28 Oct 04

I am only a beginner, in web design.
my server does support MySQL

Charence 16:00 28 Oct 04

I'm not quite sure how your gaming clan works, but you would have a MySQL database which will contain the scores/data for league table. Then using PHP, generate a table.

Have a look at some PHP tutorials, I think they're quite good. click here

Charence

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…